Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Blog Post #1

 

Privilege Power and Difference

By: Alan Johnson

Reflection

     After reading this text I was again reminded of how cruel the people in this world can be. I honestly wish people would be more considerate of others and what they go through. I have seen firsthand how people can be affected by sexism, racism, etc. Ignoring the problem is what most people do. As a white person it is uncomfortable to talk about racism sometimes because I just think about the pain that racism has caused people. A really important thing I realized while reading this was the importance of privilege and what it really means. I have always had a hard time understanding how people in this world could be so hateful, as I have always seen everyone as equals.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Henry, thank you for the blog. I totally agree with you on this sometimes its hard to have conversations with people about these things because they think you may not understand how it feels to be in there shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mason - I agree with you that being reminded of how harsh and tough the real world is can be daunting. Sometimes it can minimize my hopes for a better future, but then I am reminded of all the people striving for change. There are people out there that continue to push for change, challenge the status quo and get their voices not only heard, but answered. This reassures me that there are good humans out there, and the more we can find them and work with them, then change can occur - Thanks for your thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I totally agree with the last sentence you wrote about how you have always seen everyone as equals. I have never thought I was better than someone and believe that everyone has an equal right and chance. I never realized what some people go through until I read this and it truly opened my eyes

    ReplyDelete

#10

    Three Meaningful things from this semester. 1.  One thing from this semester that I saw as meaningful was the video classroom tour. It w...